Friday, February 27, 2009

Slowly Improving

Just a quick update - every day Michelle seems a little better. She is still not wanting much to eat, but tonight she did have a little pureed soup. She also slept 7 uninterrupted hours last night. WhooHooo!! She is doing well with just plain Tylenol now. I think we may be in the home stretch.

A couple of sweet memories from this past week. I'm writing these mostly to remind myself some day, so I won't forget that there were some good times along with the not so good. First, I have the sweetest friends. We had dinner brought all week long, and I'm pretty sure it would have been pb&j if not for those meals. Also, my friends Julie and Laura got me through those really tough days. Thank you both!

And even though Michelle has been pretty miserable this past week, she has still had many sweet moments. She gave me 2 kisses yesterday. She is super stingy with her kisses - she will give them to the stuffed animals, but I've only gotten a very few, so 2 in one day was a big deal to Mamma. Also, she's still not big on watching t.v., but she has fallen in love with Elmo. (from Sesame Street.) Today when she discovered she has an Elmo, or Melmo as she call him, square on her quilt, she had to give it a kiss and tell him, "night-night Melmo".

I'll post a few pic's tomorrow.

1 comment:

Football and Fried Rice said...

Oh, that is cute that she likes Melmo - better than Sponge-Who-Bob, as it is at my house!! Praise God for sweet friends who understand that you are dealing with a lot right now! Wish I lived closer, I would have loved to have brought some goodies!!

About Us