Sunday, February 22, 2009

mmmmm.... Jello!

Michelle seems even a little better today. Still not completely off the pain med's, but certainly taking less of them. I could tell today she was hungry - I heard her tummy growling, but she still doesn't seem able to tolerate much to drink or eat. She is still taking the Pediasure - something in the consistency agrees with her. And she is eating a LOT of jello. I don't think she has ever had jello before - it's fun, it wiggles, it is not nutritionally wonderful, but at least is has water which is what we are going for at this point, to just keep the child hydrated.

On a different note - o.k., WARNING! I'm going to be a little gross here - she had her first BM since before the surgery. I have never been so happy to change a poopy diaper!

My mom went home today - thank you Na-Na for all your help! When Bill came home after taking mom to the airport, she looked around him and asked for Na-Na. I think it was good for them to get some Grandma time!

Late this afternoon I took a little trip out to Target for some retail therapy. I realized I may be very much housebound for the next week or so, and I'm always on the go, so I need to just get out for a while. I found the cutest video for Michelle called Ni Hao, Kai-lan. It uses Mandarin chinese words throughout and introduces the kids to chinese culture, put out by Nickelodeon. Michelle doesn't really show much interest in t.v., but I thought we might need something to entertain us besides food for the next 3 weeks, so it's worth a try.

Lastly, I've had several people ask us to continue the blog. I had said I would probably stop blogging once Michelle has recovered from surgery. We really want to keep in touch, especially with all our special friends we made during our adoption trip. (I heard you Sara and Renee!) At some point we may start more of a "family blog", because I would like to include more pic's and updates for the grandparents from my other kids. For now, we'll continue to keep you all updated on Michelle's progress, and we'll certainly let you know what our future plans are for keeping in touch.

Thank you all for your sweet notes and prayers. I know we aren't finished with the recovery process, but every day seems to be getting a little better. We are so grateful that God has brought us this far! We are so grateful for Michelle! God is good all the time!

1 comment:

MightyMouse said...

WE LOVE Ni Hao, Kai-lan !!! (hey, i saw you at target that day! :))
Joshua loves it too! With him speaking Chinese, it is neat for him to hear his kids doing it as well :)

Hope you guys have had a better day today!!! :)

About Us