Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Officially Adopted!


We took some cute pictures today, but we are all pretty tired tonight so I'll put more up tomorrow. Today was busy - lots of paperwork! We had to walk several blocks a couple of times today, and Michelle has decided that only Mom can hold her, so my arms and back are tired! But it's a great kind of tired, knowing I spent the day with my new daughter.

This morning we went back over to the municipal building where we got the children yesterday, and we received our adoption certificates. We had a very small ceremony, and then it was official. As of today Michelle is a Cole!

She slept well last night, and tonight went down with very little trouble. She seemed much more tired today, and more subdued, but for her that is still pretty outgoing. She loves to walk up and down the hallways. She doesn't seem that interested in the other adopted children, but she really likes Joshua. She laughs at him and plays little games with him. Of course, she also tried to push him off my lap when I tried to hold them both.

She had a great time this afternoon in the pool. So far, she likes to swim, likes chocolate ice cream (the look on her face at the first bite was priceless), and likes to take off her shoes. I think she was made to be a part of this family! Isn't God good?!

2 comments:

Candi said...

Your "Gotcha Day" photos made me weep at God's goodness. Watching Him perform all that He said He would for your family is strengthening my faith. Cami can't wait to meet Michelle! And I can't wait to hug your neck, Midge. Your obedience in this makes me brave to be obedient, too. THANK YOU, JESUS, for beautiful little girls and loving families and the way You knit those families together.

Unknown said...

oh my goodness!! That is the cutest little swim suit I have ever seen! The is priceless! I love her!!

About Us