Sunday, September 6, 2009

Zoo

Sorry it took so long to get these up - it's been a busy week. We enjoyed a fun day at the zoo with Na-Na and Granddaddy Merritt on Monday. The weather was perfect! Unseasonably cool for late August, but the animals loved it. I decided, against my better judgement, to drive instead of metro in to the zoo - after getting lost about 4 times, we finally made it. I will NOT do that again! I don't know why I didn't take the gps system - oh well, we made it and a good time was had by all. I didn't take as many pictures as I thought, but here are a few good shots.

Michelle and Granddaddy had fun watching the elephants.

Lunch was "interesting". Again, I made a different decision than usual - we usually bring our lunch and picnic, but this time I decided to buy lunch there. It was ridiculous how much it cost, but at least we got the cute souveneir lunch bags! The bees were out of control, and since I left my epi-pen in the car (what was I thinking!?!) I had a hard time time enjoying myself. Michelle dropped her hot dog after one bite, and all I could think was, "That was $6 for the pigeons to enjoy!" As you can tell, lunch was not the highlight of the day!

We have been to the National Zoo many times, and I have never seen the Panda's inside, but for some reason on this beautiful day they were inside. Michelle thought they were wonderful. We tried for a good picture of her in front of their exhibits but the lighting was off and never got a good shot.
Later that day Na-Na took her to a souvenier shop and told her she could pick something for an early birthday surprise. Mommy saw some beautiful red silk purses with little stuffed panda's inside, but after a quick lookover, Michelle said, "No tank-u". Then she spied a panda bear, but when she saw the straps she did not like those either. I told her it was a backpack, and she said, "No backpack!" Then she saw the stuffed animals, and fell in love with the stuffed panda bear. I am amazed that she knows exactly what she wants and has no trouble finding ways to express that to us.
We love you Na-Na and Granddaddy. Thanks for a fun day!

2 comments:

Football and Fried Rice said...

Darn it, Michelle already has a mind of her own, huh? I miss getting to over-ride their decisions ;) Especially when Na-Na is buying!!

Looks like a great day at the zoo - Love the picture of your four kiddos together!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

About Us