Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Happy Birthday Michelle

There will be more to come later - pictures of the big 3 year old! But for now, I just wanted everyone to know it's her birthday, and we plan to celebrate in style. I had wanted to keep things simple, but couldn't quite control myself at the party store when I saw all the cute Elmo things. And of course, we will have balloons. Michelle doesn't know exactly what this is all about, but she does know there will be balloons involved, so she's excited. She has been walking around the house for a few days saying,"My buh-day!" Today when I woke her I told her it was her "buh-day", and she got a huge grin and did a little happy dance. Priceless!

I have a personal tradition I do with each of my kids on their birthday. We sit and look through their baby pictures. I love going back and remembering the day they were born. I tell them the stories. It's more for me than for them.

I will have to start new traditions with Michelle. I wasn't there the day she was born. But I do know that even then, the red thread was beginning to wrap it's way around my heart and draw us together. Today I pray for the woman who gave birth to our daughter, that somehow she will know she is safe, healthy and happy. Mostly I will pray and thank God for the precious gift of Michelle!

2 comments:

Ellen said...

Happy Birthday, Michelle!!!!

Teresa =) said...

Happy Birthday from your sister in Ohio! Molly saw me looking at your blog and got super excited at Michelle's picture. She kept repeating Bing Qi (is that how it's spelled?) over and over and hopping up and down. Guess she remembers...

Doesn't matter what she gets for her birthday this year...it surely won't top getting her Forever Family!

Love from Molly and the gang!!

About Us