Thursday, March 19, 2009

Yeah Goldfish!

Today marks one month since Michelle's surgery. The dr. told me at the one month point she can resume a normal diet. So, anticipating that, yesterday I went to the store and bought her favorite snack, Pepperidge Farm Goldfish. She saw me come in the door with the plastic bag, and spied the Goldfish bag through the plastic. She pointed to them and looked at me as if to say, "Mom, please, oh please, can I have those?" I decided 12 hours probably wasn't going to make a huge difference, so I got out a small bowl and began pouring them into the bowl for her. She stood in the middle of the kitchen and did a little happy dance. I would have given anything to have it on video. Yeah for Goldfish! We've missed them and we are so glad to have them back.

4 comments:

Andy and Amy said...

Hooray for Goldfish! We're so glad Michelle is doing so well. I think Moriah would think life had taken a definite turn for the worse if a day went by without goldfish!

Football and Fried Rice said...

We heart goldfish too!! I find myself counting them out to see how many *I* can have :)

Unknown said...

Oh the power of a goldfish! Whoo hoo!!!! That is the best news!! Let life begin again!! :)

Heather said...

I am SO happy that Michelle is back to eating again! I know she must be thrilled!

I hope Bill's days away are not very long. I am happy Michelle shared that first sweet Daddy kiss! I am sure it made Bill a happy Daddy.

-Heather
Lily's mommy

About Us