Wednesday, March 25, 2009

3 Months Home Today!

I was insprired by my friend Sara's blog. They brought home their daughter Mya the same time we brought home Michelle. Sara, I hope you don't mind that I copied your idea!

~Michelle has grown so much! She has gained 6 pounds since we got her, and she has gone from 18 month clothes to 2T. I have no idea how many inches she has grown!

~When we got her, the only English word she knew was Ma-Ma. (I think it's universal) Now she says so much. She has learned how to sign to ask for anything she doesn't know the words for.

~ She was very stingy with her affection - now she kisses everyone she loves!

~ She has developed a serious love affair with Elmo. It's really cute!

~ She is a girly-girl, through and through. She loves pretty clothes. When we put on her silk pajama's (her favorite) she rubs them and says "ooooohhhhh!" She also likes to look at herself in the mirror and loves when I tell her she is pretty.

~She has adapted great to the dog. She pets him and gives him hugs when he is on the ground close to her, but she also blesses him out when he eats her food. She has learned "No Clark!" very quickly.

~She thinks McDonald's french fries are great. She's a dipper - ketchup is a staple in our home.

~3 months ago she had a huge hole in the roof of her mouth. Food came out her nose when she ate, and she had trouble speaking. Plus, she had a ton of fluid and ear wax in her ears, making it difficult to hear. Today she has a healthy, whole mouth and clean ears that can hear everything! That's a miracle. Praise God!

I can't imagine life without her!

1 comment:

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

Oh my goodness - 6 pounds!!!!!! Even with her surgery & all!? That is amazing! She looks so healthy & adorable! Time is sure flying, I love to hear how she is doing. I am afraid I will forget these moments (mom-brain?) so recording them is so important!

About Us