Thursday, January 15, 2009

A Whole, Wonderful Month!


Josh reading to Michelle.

Today we celebrate having Michelle with us for a month! I can hardly believe that it was just a month ago I saw those beautiful, scared little eyes for the first time. I can hardly believe all the things we have done in a month - all the paperwork, traveling home, celebrating Christmas and New Years, recovering from jet lag, lots of Dr.'s visits, getting everyone back to school and finding a new normal in our house! WOW!


It also amazes me when I look at Michelle to realize it's only been a month. This child was so meant to be a part of our family that sometimes it still takes my breath away. She seems so at home with us now. She's crazy about her brothers and her sister, and she is absolutely in love with her Daddy! She likes to be my helper around the house, loading dishes or folding laundry. She tells the dog off when he won't leave her alone, and yet she pets him softly when he comes close to her. She loves to get in the car and go "bye-bye", although she is still afraid of the garage door opener. She sleeps so sweetly in her little bed, she eats well but not so much that it scares me anymore, and she plays and laughs and cries when she is tired. She even says a few things in English, and she is picking up more each day. All the things she is supposed to do! Isn't that incredible, how in one short month she has realized we are her family and this is her home.


I always heard everyone say no matter how long or how hard the wait, once we had her it would all seem like a distant memory. It's so true, and she was so worth the wait! We love you Michelle, and we are so glad you are home.

5 comments:

Candi said...

Cami and I can't wait to meet her. Let us know when she's ready for playdates!

Heather said...

I'm glad they got a good look inside that beautiful smile at the dentist. It is indeed amazing how right our darling already feels in our lives!!!
-Heather
Lillian's Mommy

Unknown said...

Happy one month guys!!! Can it really be a whole month? And then again...somtimes it feels as if they have always been with us!! Heck...in some ways...they have!! :) Those photos made me smile from ear to ear! Have a great day!

Football and Fried Rice said...

She is looking more vibrant with every post!! I can't believe it has been a month!! A month!! China is already feeling surreal to me :)

Chris P-M said...

Bill and Midge...wow, I can't believe Michelle has been home a whole month already! She is SO cute... LOVE that smile! We can't wait to bring home our little Luohe-ster, and to see where the kids spent their first years :)

Chris

About Us