Thursday, May 27, 2010

Summer Fun

It seems like my kids will be in school forever... as I read on Facebook and hear from friends in other parts of the U.S. who are getting out of school this week, I can't believe we still have 4 more weeks left!

But, we have some fun summer plans to look forward to as well. We are planning a reunion with our travel group. There were 12 families that went with us to Henan Province, and we will join about half the group this summer in a central location for most of us.

When we looked at the map, we realized Michelle's "Big Sister" from her orphanage and who we believe spent some time in foster care with Michelle as well, lives very close to our reunion site. We have kept in touch with Molly's family, and invited them to join the fun. Read what Molly's mom said this morning in her blog
http://blogbyteresa.blogspot.com/

We feel a special connection to all the kids from Luohe, but Molly holds a special place in our hearts. We think of her as family, even though we have never met her. When we visited Michelle's foster mom in Luohe, we asked to see Molly, but were told she was out playing with the foster-moms' sister.

Michelle was younger than Molly when she was adopted. I'm not sure if Michelle will ever be able to articulate to us what life was like for her in China. But Molly can, and I hang on every blog her Mommy posts, especially whenever Molly tells of her time in China. She is not only Michelle's "Big Sister", but in many ways we feel like she is Michelle's voice as well.

I can't wait to see this beautiful, spunky, precious child for myself this summer!

3 comments:

Teresa said...

Midge -

It truly never occurred to me until reading your post that I should be privileged to hear Molly's stories of China. While they break my heart most of the time, at least she can verbalize...and begin to process...what she's been through in her short life.

She asks about Mei Mei daily now and I believe I can speak for Molly when I say that she is honored to be able to be Michelle's voice as we all muddle through this journey together.

Teresa =)

Heather said...

amazing!!!!

Football and Fried Rice said...

I think it is going to be amazing for the girls to see each other again - what a blessing!

About Us