Thursday, December 3, 2009

Memories of Christmas Past

I knew I was really jet lagged last year after Christmas, but I don't think I realized the full extent of it until I began getting out our Christmas decorations this year. I normally pack my ornaments as if we will move the following year. Being a military family, we never know for certain if we will receive surprise orders in mid-July and have to pack up quickly. So I always want to be prepared, and for 20 years I have wrapped each ornament and placed them in a box, then secure them again inside a rubbermaid type container.

This year, I found all our ornaments inside leftover gift bags, all jumbled together! Then, it took me over an hour to search through our basement to find my nativity set. It seems Mary and Joseph were wandering through my basement boxes, lost, and certainly not on the way to Bethlehem! Yikes! But, the best part, where I truly sat down and laughed until I almost cried, was when I pulled out the stockings. The bottom of mine was completely full! Chocolates, a big bottle of hand lotion, all kinds of goodies. You know if I left chocolate uneaten, there was some serious jetlag going on!

Last Christmas was wonderful - other than the greatest gift of all, Jesus, I can not imagine a better way to spend Christmas than bringing home Michelle. She truly is the gift that keeps on giving. However, I must admit, I am looking forward to a little more "normal" type of Christmas this year.

Here's a little early Christmas cheer to brighten your day!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh lady!! I am with ya!! Yes...last christmas was a gift beyond all gifts...but a nice normal holiday season sounds so AWESOME! :) Ok...so no joke...I sent STeve out to get the fake tree so we could put it up a few weeks ago..and he could not find it. So I call him a "bad looker" and go out there myself...NO TREE? Yep...then it all came back to me. I was tired, sick, jetlagged and I didn't feel like taking every branch off and putting it away...so I put it out for the trash - WHOLE? And yes....it was taken before the trash men even had time to load it up? Yeah....that was so not me that crazy week after Christmas. My ornaments were like yours and I lauged every time i opened a box! :) Yeah for us...a holiday of no travel, wonderful family, and a new baby that is all warm a cozy in our family!! :) Happy Holidays! :)

Heather said...

Oh my- I haven't checked out blogs in a LONG time!!! I have decided to give up on them entirely actually. I can't get everything done in the real world much less the cyber world. But man am I happy I checked out Miss Cutie! How she has grown-- also loved the dentist post and Christmas! Life with 3+ fun and busy and BLESSED!!! I get a chuckle knowing I'm not the only mommy out there half dressed although my children look flawless.
-Heather
Lily's mommy

Unknown said...

When I went back and read my blog from last December 9th, I read your comment telling me that bill Jr. was in the ER?! ha ha ha ha...oh how far we have come! ha ha ha...Merry Christmas and happy almost Gotcha day! :)

About Us