Thursday, December 10, 2009

A little shout out to our peeps!

A year ago our not-yet-complete family boarded a plane to fly from Dulles to Beijing. We were so excited to meet this precious little girl we had dreamed of, prayed for, longed to know for over 2 years. Seeing her sweet face in pictures was no longer good enough. I longed to hold her in my arms.

But, before we would meet her, God held another special surprise that we had not anticipated. We met these amazing, wonderful families who would take this journey with us. We enjoyed their company, and we delighted meeting their precious children and seeing them become families.

We remember them all, and have loved following their blogs and their stories as their children thrive in their new homes.

So today, a special "shout out" and hug to the Mongolds, Bednars, Smiths, Altermatts and McClintocks. And all those who traveled with us.

3 comments:

Ellen said...

Hugs to all!

Football and Fried Rice said...

Yes, it was a surprise indeed. I remember being so nervous - I was hardly in any shape for "meeting" friends. I just remember thinking there were SO.MANY.PEOPLE. In China, in our group - all of it ;)

I think the plane ride OVER about did me in.

I was JUST getting used to the idea of my new "family" when it was gtime to leave.

{sigh}

And I loved you all.

Can't wait for our reunion!

Unknown said...

And for me...the most special surprise of all! I was not only "not alone"...I was with friends!! :) There are not words to thank you all enough for taking me in and loving me and my baby Josh...even after knowing us just a short time! :) I could go on and on with my memories of each one of you.... Love to you all and Merry Merry Christmas!!

About Us