Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

Just a quick update from the Cole family. Since I am a mom to 4 wonderful kids, I'm going to include updates on all of them.

Michelle - What a joy to spend my 1st Mother's Day with her! We took a quick trip to visit my father-in-law, and I think she finally understands when we go to visit someone, we will eventually return home. She had a great time swimming in Bumpa's pool. Her language is really coming along. It's so cute to see her use some of the techniques she is learning in speech therapy. Now she will grab her nose without prompting if she is trying really hard to say a word with a "b" or a "p".

Joshua - Made me such a sweet Mother's Day card in school and signed it "From your favorite son." (ha! guess he's trying to send a message...) He is doing really well this spring in baseball. Last game he hit 2 doubles! It's so much fun to watch him play.

Bill Jr. - His band, "Stability Check", did a great job this past week at his high school's Battle of the Bands. They had a huge crowd of friends turn out to support them. (and us too, of course!) They played so well (and so loud!) They ended up 4 out of 11 bands, and the 3 bands that placed above them were all comprised of Seniors. Pretty good for a bunch of Freshmen.

Elizabeth- Ah! It was a great weekend to be Lizzy. First, her best guy friend asked her to the Sr. Prom. Then, Friday night she sang for her school's talent showcase and did a fantastic job. Then, we went to visit Bumpa (Grandpa) this weekend and he gave us his gently used, in great shape, Jeep Cherokee for Lizzy to drive! She is so excited to have some wheels of her own, especially since she won't have to ride the bus anymore. Thank you so much Bumpa!

As I was holding Michelle this afternoon, Bill looked over at me and said, "I'm so glad she has you for her Mommy." I am so glad to be her Mom, so glad to be Mom to all these sweet, precious kids. Of all the title's I may have, wife and mom are my favorite ones. (sorry, no pic's- I will try to put some up soon.)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

happy mothers day girl! I hope your day was as awesome as you are!!! :) Great blog! Please tell the whole family I said hello and tell that Lizzy - congrats on the new car! What a great day!!! :)

Stacie said...

Hi Midge!
It's Stacie Sizemore (Richardson). I have been following your blog for a couple of months- Michelle is beautiful! We are actually also in the process of adopting again- this time it's twins! That puts our total to 7. I hope all continues to go well with your family and Michelle as she learns so much each new day. Glad to read her cleft issues are resolving so well.

Love, Stacie and family

Football and Fried Rice said...

Happy Mother's Day! What a great update on your whole family - all your kiddos! How cool that Lizzy is DRIVING...AND has wheels!! What a lucky girl!

Anonymous said...

Funny that all of your kids are musical. Having spent three years sharing the community shower with Bill, I can tell you: he couldn't carry a tune if it had a handle!

(Of course, I may be the only person to ever serve in the military who has "tone deaf" in his official medical records. During Beast, we were all required to sing a few lines from the Star-Spangled Banner, and I hadn't finished the opening "Oh" when the glee club director yelled out "Next!" But I'm okay with that. In fact, my off-key Opera Man impersonation always cracks up Zebb when he needs a laugh.)

About Us