Thursday, October 8, 2009

Just to make me smile

No pic's today, just a sweet little story! Life has been more than a little crazy here at our house - 4 children, trying to get one prepared for college, one that hates 3rd grade (but at least likes his teacher. Just doesn't like the work. We can live with that .) Husband with a very demanding job with me trying to teach part time - well, it just makes life so busy that a lot of days I rush through and don't take the time to appreciate how really blessed I am.

So, this morning we had to make an emergency run to the grocery store. Michelle is staying after preschool for "lunch bunch" because Mommy needs to be a good "Army wife" and go to a Change of Command Ceremony. And, her brother ate her lunch yesterday after school.

As we were walking up the aisle's, Michelle looked so cute. She had on this cute little candy-corn shirt that said SWEET, matching orange socks, cute little kitten hairbows. And she was dancing/skipping/hopping up the aisle, wobbling her head back and forth. And as we walked out the automatic doors, she turns and says, very clearly, "Thank you door!"

I know it's probably not a big deal to anyone else, but it made me smile and remember how great my crazy, busy life really is!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love her!!! I am so feeling your many balls in the air with this crazy life!! And I love this reminder to stop and see the little things!! They are truly all that REALLY matter!! Josh was "bad" the other day and I was angry with him (good cause..>I promise!!)...and about an hour later while I was making dinner...he came in...winked at me...kissed my bum and said...sorry mommy...I lush you!! Amazing how they are truly growing to be heart felt, loving, concious, awesome people!

Unknown said...

You have to get your pictures of our little beauty Michelle!!! :) I agree....calendars for all!!! :) Yeah...I can't wait to see this when it is done!! :)

About Us