Friday, August 7, 2009

Referral Anniversary

Tomorrow we will be gone most of the day, so I wanted to post a short memory about 8-8-08. See the sweet picture to the right of this post? It was a year ago we first saw that precious face. I will never forget when the phone rang, and my son came upstairs to tell me, "Mom, it's Denise from CCAI." I somehow knew before I even answered the phone she was calling to tell us about our daughter. And I knew from the moment I saw that precious face she was meant to be ours. And now, I get to look at this sweet face every day. How blessed am I?

August 8, 2008 was a special day for China. It was the opening day of the Olympics, a day of pride for their nation. But August 8, 2008 was an even more special day for the Cole Family. It was the day I finally saw the face of the child I had prayed for, longed for, dreamed of, for so long.

2 comments:

Heather said...

congrats! what fun seeing Rene and the gang

Football and Fried Rice said...

Isn't it amazing how being obedient to God can feel so good? Be so rewarding? How WE are the ones who are blessed? Even here on this earth, He has blessed us with these sweet baby girls!!

About Us