Friday, April 16, 2010

Old and New friends

A couple of weeks ago I visited one of my dearest friends, Stella. She lives about 2 hours from me, and since she will be moving this summer I decided this would be a good time to visit. Stella has 3 beautiful girls, all adopted, and above Michelle is pictured with their middle daughter, Isabel. The last time we saw Stella and Isabel, Michelle was not saying much and kind of kept to herself. This time she and Isabel became fast friends and had a great time playing outside, especially being the "princess in the castle".
Stella "introduced" me to Cheri. Cheri and her husband traveled to China last October to bring home Amelia. Cheri and I became friends on Facebook, and it's been fun to compare stories, ask questions, and share the highs and lows of adoption. It was so sweet for me to get to meet Cheri and her precious daughter Amelia in person. I love it when you meet someone and you feel like you've known them for years. I felt that way with Cheri. We had a great afternoon, talking and catching up and watching our sweet girls play in the beautiful April sunshine.
These 3 should be the poster children for adoption. Aren't they gorgeous!?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I just stopped by after finding you on "Are we there yet". I LOVE China adoption blogs. We brought home our son this past August. He's now 2 1/2. So, of course I already feel like we have stuff in common. Thanks for sharing your life here.
-elizabeth

JoAnn(ZMT) said...

Oh Midge!! What beautiful girls!! Isabel is just stunning! Sounds like a wonderful afternoon. I have a friend on a Christian board who is beginning her adoption from China. I gave her the link to your blog, and she's been loving it!
JoAnn

About Us