Saturday, March 27, 2010

Cute, cute 3 year old things!

Michelle is at such a fun age. Her language is "exploding", in the words of her speech therapist. And that makes life fun and interesting for the rest of us. Thought I would share a few cute things she is doing and saying.

~Her favorite thing to do these days is walk around with a blanket around her waist and pretend she's a mermaid. She actually says Muh-maid. She loves it when we chase her through the house, trying to step on her mermaid tail.

~She likes to pretend she is an animal for the day, based on what color clothes she is wearing. If it's pink, she's a pig. Brown, a squirrel. Blue, a horse - that's from the "Brown Bear, Brown Bear" book. Black, she's a penguin. You get the idea. I have to admit it was a little disconcerting the first time she looked at me and said, "You a pig." But after I realized it was because I was dressed in pink, I was o.k.

~She loves my iPod Touch. I try to only let her play it when we are out, waiting in line or that sort of thing. The other day I caught her looking through my purse. When I asked her what she was doing, she said, "I looking for my Ipod." Uh oh!

~She can count to 10 in Spanish now, thanks to Dora. She can also count to 10 in Mandarin, thanks to Ni Hao Kai Lan. Don't judge me - it was a very snowy winter, and at least she learned something.

~Every night when we say prayers, I always say, "God bless Mom, God bless Dad, etc." and she repeats those after me. A few nights ago, we got to the end, "God bless Michelle." Instead of saying her name, she said, "God bless me, the ballerina, and her toes." Guess she was ready to move on from the rote prayers. She obviously had much more to tell God that night.

~Yesterday we were going out with our friend Tyler. He is our neighbor, and every other Friday I get together with his Mom and we go out to lunch. I ran into our other friend, Patrick on the way out of preschool, and invited him and his mom to join us. As we were walking into the restaurant, I told Michelle Patrick was also joining us, and she said, "Both my boys!" Here is a picture of her with both her boys... funny kids!

She was annoyed with them about something. We see this expression from time to time at our house.

1 comment:

Cheri said...

Oh, Michelle has Amelia's hair. That stick straight, hanging down, escape the barrettes, poke them in the eyes hair! We'll have to talk hair on Thursday - I need help!

About Us